Friday, February 6

To be or.... (what are the options, really?)

Two passages quoted in M. Basil Pennington's Centering Prayer:


"Let us applaud and give thanks that we have become not only Christians but Christ himself. Do you understand, my brothers and sisters, the grace that God our head has given us? Be filled with wonder and joy--we have become veritable Christs."

-St Augustine (italics mine)



"There is another story told of a rabbi--Rabbi Zuscha. On his deathbed he was asked what he thought the kingdom of God would be like. The old rabbi thought for a long time; then he replied: 'I don't really know. But one thing I do know: When I get there, I am not going to be asked, "Why weren't you Moses?" or "Why weren't you David?" I am going to be asked, "Why weren't you Zuscha?" ' "

|

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home