Monday, February 2

Well, here I am, after four days of struggling to find just the right name for this blog. Finally I realized I should just get online and get on with it. Just as a child grows into the name it's given, so will this blog. But I thought I should list here some of the rejected contenders, as this might give a broader view of what exactly I mean to do here, which in turn creates the illusion that I know exactly what I mean to do here. (One thing I definitely mean to not do is forget I started this blog and be untrue to my audience--yes, I mean you there with your coffee cup and rumpled hair, I will not let you down.)

So here they are, in order of typing:

Consider the Lilies

Musings of a Pond-Gazer

Swan Count (note that I have used these in the description so all's not lost)

Among the Amazements (anyone who can find the Mary Oliver poem this is taken from wins a prize.)

Sayings and Prayers of the Mad Farmer

...and my favorite rejected is Three Chords and the Truth, which was someone's description of country music, and is also a great formula for the essentials of faith: three chords, G C and D, God Christ and the Holy Dove. But as I am only beginning to seriously scratch at my guitar (and seriously annoying my cat, which isn't too promising a sign) I figured it would be a little premature to hold a country music banner over this site. So.

And thus I take a slightly hesitant but hopeful step onto the web.

|

<$BlogItemCommentCount$> Comments:

At <$BlogCommentDateTime$>, <$BlogCommentAuthor$> said...

<$BlogCommentBody$>

<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$>

<$BlogItemCreate$>

<< Home